Course Overview More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
Workplace Information and practical based competency.
Certificate of attendance – Not Nationally Accredited.
$120 per person – group bookings and discounts apply.
About This Course
- Knowledge and anatomy or Airway and Tracheostomy
- Hygiene and general stoma care
- Recognition of infection / concerns and when to seek help
- Emergency and general suctioning of trachy tube
- Positioning and preparation of equipment
- Emergency replacement of tube
- Preparation of emergency Tracheostomy kit
- Management plan and general care at school and out of home
- CPR through Tracheostomy and normal airways
- Choking and calling for help
Duration: 2 – 3 hrs.
Requirements & Prerequisites
There are no prerequisite qualification or certification requirements for this course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
The Schedule For This Course is Flexible
This course will run whenever we have interested students, so let us know & we’ll organise a day/time that suits you.
Please let us know of your interest in the course by completing the form below. We will then be in touch to organise a suitable day & time.