Too many teenagers and young adults are dying on our roads and too many are ending up in our hospitals with serious, life threatening and permanent head injuries. The results of these injuries is often catastrophic to the young life and family.
As a young adult, you may not be aware of the risks involved with attending functions, festivals and clubs where alcohol is being consumed.
The risks arise not only based on your behaviour but also the behaviour of others who may have consumed too much alcohol or drugs.
This information course is aimed at providing teenagers and young adults with the knowledge to help them avoid injuring themselves or others when drugs and alcohol might be present.
More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
Certificate of Attendance
Cost: $250 per session – group price. Contact for individuals.
About This Course
What we will cover in the course:
Alcohol and drug awareness
- Information on alcohol and the effects – When, is it too much !!!
- Look out for your Mate…!
- Our trainers will also answer any questions about recreational drugs and support agencies.
The impact of alcohol poisoning on brain function
- Why the brain swells faster when too much alcohol is consumed
- The effects of steroid drugs used to reduce brain swelling (and the effect of alcohol)
The impact of head injury if drunk and why survival chances are cut in half
- Anatomy of the brain and spinal cord
- The damage done to the brain with physical trauma ( Punching, Falls etc.)
- The damage done by acceleration/deceleration injuries and brain bruising. ( Cerebral Oedema )
- Don’t drink and drive examples.
CPR and Basic Resuscitation Skills
- Information on CPR and basic Resuscitation so that young people can help others in an emergency
Course Duration: 2 hours consisting of both theory and practical sessions.
Schools: Ask about our free class session if another first aid or CPR course is booked with Rapid Response First Aid.
We need to arm young people with knowledge – It could save their lives!
Requirements & Prerequisites
There are no prerequisite qualification or certification requirements for this course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
The Schedule For This Course is Flexible
This course will run whenever we have interested students, so let us know & we’ll organise a day/time that suits you.
Please let us know of your interest in the course by completing the form below. We will then be in touch to organise a suitable day & time.