Young People’s Survival Course – 1 Hit Can Kill!
Too many teenagers and young adults are dying on our roads and too many are ending up in our hospitals with serious, life threatening and permanent head injuries. The results of these injuries is often catastrophic to the young life and family.
As a young adult, you may not be aware of the risks involved with attending functions, festivals and clubs where alcohol is being consumed.
The risks arise not only based on your behavior but also the behavior of others who may have consumed too much alcohol or drugs.
This information course is aimed at providing teenagers and young adults with the knowledge to help them avoid injuring themselves or others when drugs and alcohol might be present.
What we will cover in the course:
Alcohol and drug awareness
- Information on alcohol and the effects – When, is it too much !!!
- Look out for your Mate…!
- Our trainers will also answer any questions about recreational drugs and support agencies.
The impact of alcohol poisoning on brain function
- Why the brain swells faster when too much alcohol is consumed
- The effects of steroid drugs used to reduce brain swelling (and the effect of alcohol)
The impact of head injury if drunk and why survival chances are cut in half
- Anatomy of the brain and spinal cord
- The damage done to the brain with physical trauma ( Punching, Falls etc.)
- The damage done by acceleration/deceleration injuries and brain bruising. ( Cerebral Oedema )
- Don’t drink and drive examples.
CPR and Basic Resuscitation Skills
- Information on CPR and basic Resuscitation so that young people can help others in an emergency
Course Duration: 2 hours consisting of both theory and practical sessions.
Cost: $250 per session.