HLTHSE204D Follow Safe Manual Handling Practices
This unit is concerned with the workers ability to carry out their work in a safe manner within the health care and other environment Work will usually be performed within a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures.
- WHS legislation
- Staff and Employer responsibilities
- Incident reporting – Workplace risk and engineering for best outcome
- Risk and Hazard identification – Client Risk management – risk matrix – Hierarchy of control
- Careplans and Mobility plans
- Practical skills with mechanical hoist – Lying and standing
- Slip sheets, waist belts, walking belts, pivot boards, stand-up pivot board, Pat slides
- Communication and Patient care involvement
- Pressure care and prevention
- Lavender towel bed wash as alternative
- Selfcare and safe lifting, posture and ‘No Lift technique’ where possible.
Those students who have a manual handling element in their workplace, eg nursing staff, aged care workers, store person, packers
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTHSE204D Follow safe manual handling practices
- Full course: 4-5 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2-4 hours face-to-face training