Covers the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. Applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment valid for 3 years*.
This unit contributes to the approved first aid, anaphylaxis and asthma training in registered Children’s Services Providers.
More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
Certificate contains the units:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
*Please note that the CPR component of the training is only valid for 12 months and should be updated annually.
Cost is $120 each student – but group and multi course pricing available and price matching is honoured.
Contact us for more information.
About This Course
This course teaches the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults. Applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
This unit of competency has been approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and meets the requirements of first aid, and asthma & anaphylaxis. The unit also includes CPR.
We will cover:
- Basic Anatomy with specific relation to baby and infant differences and considerations
- legal considerations
- Child CPR: At least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and breaths) on an adult, child and infant resuscitation manikan.
- Operation of a Defibrillator on an adult and a child
- Drowning considerations
- Infection control
- Risk management plans for Asthma and Anaphylactic emergencies
- reporting and calling emergency services
- Medical emergencies such as Asthma, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis,Seizure ( febrile convulsion ) etc
- Trauma and Bites and stings
- Taking care of unconscious casualty
7 Hours face to face training – Refresher course – Must show previous proof of certification.
Online component for New participants and out of date – this is a comprehensive workbook for the childcare industry.
There are no prerequisite qualification or certification requirements for this course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
The competency standards require a level of physical ability to provide uninterrupted CPR for 4 mins on the floor. You must be able to physically respond to an emergency situation where there may be a risk of life.
- Physical ability for each course, (Reasonable adjustment mandates that for first aid, all participants MUST be able to perform all scenarios as written without any adjustment for physical infirmity, See specific instructions from the Industry Skills Council on our ability to modify the assessment to meet the needs of those with special needs, this is often called “Reasonable Adjustment” specifically, we have been advised in the HLT First Aid Guide Version 2 March 2018, ( available from https://vetnet.education.gov.au/Pages/TrainingDocs.aspx?q=ced1390f-48d9-4ab0-bd50-b015e5485705 )
- AED training device
- Adult, child and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
- Different types of training adrenalin auto-injector training devices (e.g. EpiPen and AnaPen)
- Different types of placebo bronchodilators and a spacer device
- Roller bandages
- Triangular bandages
- Workplace First Aid Kit
- Workplace injury / trauma incident report form
- Wound dressings
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
Course is conducted in English.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
This course generally runs Mon 9AM – 3PM, Wed 5PM – 10PM, Fri 9AM – 3PM, Sat 9AM – 3PM.
Use the link below to view the scheduled classes available for this course. You can book your place in any class directly from this site.