About This Course
This course provides the participants with the skills and knowledge to understand the safety requirements when handling an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), as well as the skills to use an AED within the first minutes after a cardiac arrest, as well as skills and knowledge to safely perform oxygen therapy and resuscitation in the workplace.
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
- Prepare resuscitation equipment ready for use
- Apply bag and mask resuscitation techniques
- Attach and operate an AED
- Administer oxygen
- Operate suction equipment Restore and maintain equipment ready for future use
- Includes CPR
- Defib (AED)
- Oxygen and resuscitation training
- Therapy oxygen
- Oropharyngeal airways
$120 per student, with group and multi-course pricing also available. Please contact us regarding pricing.
6 hours classroom training Assessment Methods:
Multiple choice theory questions On-course workbook (4 activities) Practical demonstrations
4 Hrs as a Refresher with a previous certificate.
At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 12 months in line with industry standards.
- Considerations when providing supplementary oxygen
- Basic understanding of anatomy and physiology as it relates to the provision of advanced resuscitations
- Methods for cleaning, replenishing, recharding and maintaining resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- Adult CPR: Responded to a first aid scenario and performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Infant CPR: Responded to a first aid scenario and perfromed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CRP (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Coordinating a resuscitation effort
- Demonstrate the administration of oxygen therapy to a conscious / unconscious casualty
- Monitored and coordinated maintenance of resuscitation equipment
- Provide a verbal report of the incident
- Locate and interpret workplace policies and procedures
Requirements & Prerequisites
Student must have a current certificate in HLTAID009.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
One requirement of the training package is that you are to be assessed as physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor and on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
- Physical ability for each course, (Reasonable adjustment mandates that for first aid, all participants MUST be able to perform all scenarios as written without any adjustment for physical infirmity, See specific instructions from the Industry Skills Council on our ability to modify the assessment to meet the needs of those with special needs, this is often called “Reasonable Adjustment” specifically, we have been advised in the HLT First Aid Guide Version 2 March 2018, ( available from https://vetnet.education.gov.au/Pages/TrainingDocs.aspx?q=ced1390f-48d9-4ab0-bd50-b015e5485705 )
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
This course will be conducted in English.
If you are under 18 years of age
Student must be 14 years or older.
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
The Schedule For This Course is Flexible
At special request – call for details.
This course will run whenever we have interested students (generally Fridays 3 – 6PM), so let us know & we’ll organise a day/time that suits you.
Please let us know of your interest in the course by completing the form below. We will then be in touch to organise a suitable day & time.