At the successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation*
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 36 months in line with industry standards. Locate the most current training package at training.gov.au.
The statement of attainment is issued by Healthcorp RTO 91222
* It is recommended the HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation component is updated every 12 months in line with industry standards.
This course is $240 each student with group and multi course pricing available.
Contact us for more information.
About This Course
We will cover:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Considerations when providing First Aid
- Principle and procedures for first aid management of the following scenarios: Abdominal injuries, allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, basic care of the wound, bleeding control, burns (thermal, chemical, friction and electrical)
cardiac conditions including chest pain, chocking and airway obstruction, crush injuries, diabetes, drowning, emergency childbirth, envenomation, environment impact including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke, eye and ear injuries, febrile convulsions, head, neck and spinal injuries, levels of consciousness, needle stick injuries, poisoning and toxic substances, respiratory distress, including asthma, seizures including epilepsy, shock, skin injuries, soft tissue musculoskeletal injuries including strains, sprains dislocations and fractures, stroke, substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Adult CPR: Responded to a first aid scenario and performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Infant CPR: Responded to a first aid scenario and performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- Use and demonstration of Bag-Valve-mask resuscitation
- Defibrillation: Followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Manage infection control requirements
- Followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- Provide a verbal report of the incident
- Applied first aid procedures; allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, basic triage for multiple casualty incident, envenomation, fractures, sprains and strains, head, neck and spinal injuries, respiratory distress – including asthma, seizure, located and interpreted workplace policies and procedures
Requirements & Prerequisites
You will have to complete HLTAID001 and HLTAID003 as part of this Attainment. Pre-course study and 14 hrs (2 Day course)
If you have already got a current and recent HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Certificate – please talk to us for consideration and 8 hr course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training. It is important to note that there are physical standards which relate to the level of performance required when undertaking accredited training. The HLTAID competency standards require a level of physical ability to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life. One requirement of the training package is that you are to be assessed as physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult CPR manikin placed on the floor.
- Physical ability for each course, (Reasonable adjustment mandates that for first aid, all participants MUST be able to perform all scenarios as written without any adjustment for physical infirmity, See specific instructions from the Industry Skills Council on our ability to modify the assessment to meet the needs of those with special needs, this is often called “Reasonable Adjustment” specifically, we have been advised in the HLT First Aid Guide Version 2 March 2018, ( available from https://vetnet.education.gov.au/Pages/TrainingDocs.aspx?q=ced1390f-48d9-4ab0-bd50-b015e5485705 )
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
This course is conducted in English.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.