This is a practical based workshop course to develop confidence and knowledge in safe administration of medication in the community.
More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
This is a Workplace competency based certificate : Not a National Statement of attainment
Contact us for more information.
About This Course
- Prepare to assist with medication
- Prepare the client for assistance with medication
- Support clients with administration of medication
- Handle medication contingencies
- Complete distribution and documentation
- Practical skills on use of Spacer for Asthma and COPD medication – The medication knowledge and justification.
- Diabetes – Practical BSL recording – Knowledge of Diabetes..Hypo/Hyper and why? Insulin/Glucose?
- Angina – symptoms and treatment
Requirements & Prerequisites
There are no prerequisite qualification or certification requirements for this course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
This is delivered in English.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
The Schedule For This Course is Flexible
This course will run whenever we have interested students, so let us know & we’ll organise a day/time that suits you.
Please let us know of your interest in the course by completing the form below. We will then be in touch to organise a suitable day & time.