Course Overview More information on this course is available under the More Info tab above.
Workplace Information and practical based competency.
Certificate of attendance – Not Nationally Accredited.
$85 per person – group bookings and discounts apply.
About This Course
- Understanding Diabetes and implications in caring for a diabetic client
- Understanding complications including management of Hypoglycaemia and Hyperglycaemia
- Blood sugar monitoring and sliding scale
- Understanding Insulin administration and complications
- Monitoring, Recording and First Aid
- Emergency management and calling for help
- Caring for mid-range high readings and low BSL recordings
- Understanding care plans and risk assessment.
- Understanding importance of lifestyle adjustment and medical follow up.
Duration: 2 – 3 hrs.
Requirements & Prerequisites
There are no prerequisite qualification or certification requirements for this course.
Please note that there are often physical standards which relate to the level and extent of physical performance required when undertaking accredited training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN)
In order to meet competency for this unit, you will be required to meet the minimum LLN requirements of the Training Package.
If you are under 18 years of age
A parental/guardian consent must be obtained for any student under the age of 18 to be able to participate in this course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
To be able to complete any vocational education course in Australia you must obtain and provide us with a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au. We are unable to supply a course certificate without this.
The Schedule For This Course is Flexible
This course will run whenever we have interested students, so let us know & we’ll organise a day/time that suits you.
Please let us know of your interest in the course by completing the form below. We will then be in touch to organise a suitable day & time.